Customer Service is unaccepable - AT&T
Recently I went to an AT&T store and 1) Bought a new iPad Pro; 2) Opened a new DirectTV account; and 3) Opened a new Wireless Home Phone account. That went very smoothly. The Sales agent asked me to call a number on the detail list given to me when the DirectTV was installed to receive a 10.00/month reduction on my bill. I was to say “I want to Unify my bill”. So today, I did just that. Here are the steps I went through:
1) I called the number given and they stated that they didn’t know what I wanted to do and transferred me to another department.
2) Here, I met a very rude man that said he could help. He asked for the cell phone number the account was listed under, the last 4 digits of the SSN the account was listed under, and the pin number for this account. That was more than I expected, and it took me awhile to find everything. Then, he stated I needed a Security question? The question was “What is your favorite Restaurant?” I felt this was too elusive a question for me to remember and my wife would never give the same answer. He stated that was the only question he could use. He stated “Then I will transfer you to someone who might have other questions”. He angrily made the transfer.
3) The person he sent me to could not find my account using either my account number or the cell phone number??? She sent me to another department.
4) This person did the same as the second person, but when we got to the Security Question, he had four I could choose from.
a) What is your favorite restaurant? (We don’t have one)
b) Who is your favorite hero when you were young? (I don’t have one)
c) Who is your favorite actor? (I don’t have one)
d) Who is your favorite Singer (I have many)
These questions are too vague and unmemorable when there is not one that stands out. These things change, and a year from now, I would most likely have a different answer. I told him this, and he stated I should write it down?? I am 65 years old, I know I would not remember where I wrote it down a year from now. So I asked him to see if I could get a question that is memorable. He transferred me to the ‘Unify’ department.
5) As it turns out, I did not get the ‘Unify’ department. The lady stated I must answer one of these four questions, or go down to the AT&T store and work with another agent. So then I asked her another billing question, and she stated she did not have access to my billing information.
I don’t know how these companies stay open. Rude, “It’s not my job’, and too many departments made my 2 hours on the phone very frustrating. Just to ‘Unify’ my account.
Comments About AT&T Review: Customer Service is unaccepable
Most Viewed Complaints
Beverly Hills MD Reviews
Recent Company Complaints
Fountain Hills Air
Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota
More AT&T Complaints
$200 VISA a scam
$200 VISA a scam/2-year premium channels with HBO/Starz/Max, etc., a lie. Was told by AT&T rep (Jacqueline Martin) I would...
AT&T Rip off
I am soooooo upset with this company’s service. I purchased a phone on 2/18/13 on 2/28/13 the phone dies. I...
The worst Service
I have never, ever, in my life experienced such a unprofessional Customer Service. Very poor telephone reception, could not hear...
ATT Hates Old People
I am writing on behalf of my mother who is 88 years old. After having first SW bell and now...
Southwest bell was bought by at&t, then the horrors began. Since 1982 I have dealt with At&ts crap! Changed several...
My daughter’s phone was not working for about 2 weeks it would go in and out of the network. She...
Bad Customer Service / Inconsistencies
Established service with AT&T two years ago. Upgraded to HTC windows 8x phone in March 2013. Ongoing issues with phone...
AT&T over charged me for their services of $825.00
I have been working with AT&T nearly a year now and no resolution in sight. I have been verbal abused...
I had ported my business phone numbers away from AT&T. They had linked the DSL to a number causing the...
At&T lies tooo much
I signed up for internet service with At&t for a full year and I paid for the whole year the...