Ripping people off - AT&T

I have service through AT&T and Direct TV since Feb. 2015. After AT&T took over Direct TV I asked that my bill be combined. I have paid both of them separately each month in full. After the combined bill my first bill was $251.00.

When I called and asked I was told that there was a glitch in the system and I was double billed for Direct TV. I questioned why I had to pay two months at one time due to an error on their part. I was told that since At&T paid my bill to Direct Tv to switch the billing, I was responsible for paying that back as well as the bill for the following month. I was confused since my Direct TV account said that I only owed $11.00.

I complained to At&T that I am on a fixed income and cannot afford that size bill each month, and asked why I could not just have separate bills again since I had not had a problem that way. I was told that I needed to pay for the overcharge to get separate bills again. I made arrangements for $170.00 to be paid on my due date and that the rep would talk to his manager about the remaining balance.

Needless to say I was taken off of automatic payment and now my bill is over $400.00. I still have service. I called and spoke to Direct TV explaining the situation and was told that only At&T could make changes. I started out paying $78.00 per month for At&T for phone and internet, and $74.00 for Direct tv. Now I am being charged twice the amount and I don’t understand why.

I don’t blame Direct TV for this, but to have to pay At&T back for adding Direct tv to my bill is unreasonable.

For AT&T Representatives or Owners