Customer Abuse! - Lumber Liquidators

I went to the Raleigh NC store to buy in-stock flooring. I asked about the return/refund terms before the purchase. I was told by a female employee I could return the flooring as long as it was unopened. I was surprised about the lengthy multi-page receipt which included a full page of fine print though. I signed in several places on several sheets of paper for the purchase, took the flooring, and left the store.

About a week later I needed to return the flooring. I was told that I would be charged a 20% restocking fee. When I questioned the 20 % restocking fee, the manager, Jason, approached me and mocked me for not reading the fine print on one of the pages of the receipt document. I was very shocked at his outrageous behavior, but continued to question the fairness of the policy which had not been fully explained when I questioned the female employee who had completed my receipt the week before. I told the manager that she had not advised me about the restocking fee, but the manager insisted in a belligerent way that I was to blame for not listening.

At one point he leaned across the counter and threatened me. He kept his hands on the counter but his face was only about 10 inches away from me. He insisted I sign the return agreement but refused to sign it himself. When I asked him to sign it he placed an “X” on the signature line and threw it under the counter. One thing I don’t need to find in a retail environment is an angry, obnoxious, belligerent employee behind the counter who threatens me by saying, “I know your address.”

This manager acted in a way that would make a customer question his psychological stability. I don’t know yet if he actually refunded my purchase price as he refused to sign to acknowledge my return.

Lumber LiquidatorsRaleigh Blvd Raleigh, NC 27604

For Lumber Liquidators Representatives or Owners

Comments About Lumber Liquidators Review: Customer Abuse!