ViaSat Review: This is a rip off. Do not use them.

I purchased Exede Internet for a weekend home in the country about 6 months ago. It was the only way to get high speed internet to my house. They have a data usage planning meter on their website that tests to see if your normal usage will fit within their data usage parameters.

Each billing month, after the first or second weekend at our house, we received notices from Exede that we had exceeded our data usage allotment.

I spent several hours each time on the phone with their technicians trying to figure out how we were going over the allotment.

Turned out that the several hours or streaming music each weekend popped us over the monthly allotment. We did not even try streaming video since we know that sucks data.

Their usage tool is a sham and then, if you find that you are going over the allotment every month, they do not allow you to cancel without the 2 year cancellation policy coming into play. Now they want $200+ to cancel a service that (a) I sincerely tried to make work and (b) where they do not tell the truth on their website about data usage.

This is a rip off. Do not use them.

Is a Scam?

Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

For ViaSat Representatives or Owners

Respond To This Complaint

Comments About ViaSat Review: This is a rip off. Do not use them.

• They suck you in and drop out your service when you excede your limit. I checked there free time speed 12:01 was 5.3 mbs. Long way from 12.mbs. LOL so they of course going to LIE. Start a boycott and run there a***s off your property. I pay 60.00 a month for 10 gb plan. They now offer 39.99 a month for the same. b*****d business tactics. So I will send them down the road a post for any sucker that wants to find out 2-Late. Also rarely do they keep speeds as you paid for. Go to “Speedtest.com” Ookla will help you see your speeds. If you use theirs well it will peak and drop off. Not a good read at all. Hope this helps you folks out.

• I was given an appointment date of 4/4/2014 for installation of internet and phone services. The tech. came out installed the satellite dish, connected the modem and left. But before leaving he stated I had to purchase a router for use of my printer and computer. I also asked him about a phone box inside my garage from another phone his reply was you don’t need it and unplugged it. Approximately two hours later I did not have phone services. I purchased a router the same day and I still could not get the internet service. I called exede from 4/4/2014 to 4/11/2014 and was given all kind of excuses. from the rain to cloudy skies. Their next lies were I had a virus and to run a scan to remove the virus nothing worked. After being without phone svcs. for three days and never got the internet service I decided that enough was enough. I called on 4/11/2014 to cancel services that I never received, and then they offered to send a tech out, give me 1 month of free phone service and 1 month of free internet service, what a joke. If that was not bad enough they deducted a month payment from my banking account, told me I had to return the modem and tria from the dish. I am a disabled veteran, senior citizen and unable to go on my roof to remove anything. They said that they could send a tech to remove it but it would cost me $95.00. They sent a phone box to me after my cancellation told me I could return it but they did not have a return label so they expect me to pay for shipping back to them. As Ernest use to say I don’t see how those boys can stay in business. Whatever you as a consumer would do PLEASE, do not apply for services from Exede/Viasat, you will regret it in the long run.

• Yeah, we are currently using exede internet and I feel we have been lied to and scammed, when we told them that we streamed netflix daily they said that the 10G plan would be just fine… It was used up in just 2 days. We also never actually got to see or sign a contract when signing up for them and we were told we had a 30 day window to cancel our service free of charge, but when we tried to cancel it the next week we were told we had to pay the cancellation fee anyway and that there is no 30 day window (There are several bad reviews about the company on their website with people having that same problem) On top of all of this, if we do cancel we have to return there satellite and other equipment ourselves or we are charged about $350 for the equipment… I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TAKE A SATELLITE APART!

• Make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Colorado