Ocwen Financial Review: Ocwen Is A Scam Company

Our mortgage had been obtained thru GMAC & we have been paying the monthly payments without incident for 5yrs. Last year we remortgaged with GMAc for a lower rate & hasve continued our ontime payments without incident. Two months ago we received news that GMAC was going to give our mortgage to Ocwen. Last month we made our first payment to Ocwen, the same payment amount we have been making to GMAC since remortgaging a year ago. Now we receive a notice from Ocwen that states our mortgage payments are now over $200 a month more.

We called, trying to find out why the change in payments, as our insurance & taxes have not gone up at all. Their representative could not give us any satisfactory answers, first claiming that our insurance or taxes must have gone up, then stating that this was the payment we had been making prior to them taking over the mortgage. We then checked their website & found that they have the wrong dates for our mortgage & the wrong payment information. Their website also has our motgage listed as closed.

We called back again & asked why all this misinformation on their part. The representative insisted that their information was correct & that we must be mistaken as to when we first got & redid our mortgage, along with how much we have been paying. We demanded to speak with a supervisor, which the representative refused to do until we threatened to contact a lawyer, our state & federal authorities to instigate them for fraud. The supervisor we eventually spoke with, after 15 minutes of demanding, kept telling us to check their website & denied that it showed our account as closed. She also denied that they were a collection agency, as their prerecorded phone message stated. When pressed repeatedly for the location of their offices, the supervisor hemmed & hawed for quite a while before finally stating that the head office was located in the Idaho & the call center in the Phillipines.

Not receiving any satisfactory assistance from these people, we then went online to research them. After seeing how many complaints & lawsuits have been started against them, one a class action suit settled out of Court in Connecticut in 2002, we decided to contact somone else to do our mortgage & stop this scam to collect more money from us unjustly. We were able to quickly find a reputable lender with even better rates & a lower monthly payments. By doing this we will only have one more payment to make to them.

We’d advise anyone else dealing with these scam, ripoff artists to do the same as quickly as possible.

For Ocwen Financial Representatives or Owners

Comments About Ocwen Financial Review: Ocwen Is A Scam Company

• I lived in my home for 8 years on for 30 years. My mortgage ($1,200) went up $100 a month twice, also I have been scammed on for $7,000 payments by “Consumer Alliance Research Center”. Ocwen was aware I was being helped by a company for 5 months of payment assistance. Later I was charged by Ocwen for being behind 5 months (no payments) , put on delinquency and was put on Trial for 3 months. Later Ocwen put me on refinance for $1,232 for 40 years! .I believe Ocwen is a legal mortgage company scammer itself. I did report this to the F.B.I. with no results. (Any info help for refinance besides HARP, will be appreciated).

• Ocwen will take money from your account even after the Mortgage is paid off! I have been fighting them for a month trying to get the ILLEGALLY taken money. The amount is $1884.77 plus bounced check over draft costs from my bank. These people are crooks, and will steal you blind. As for Loan Modifications, “BETTER READ YOYR FINE PRINT” at the end of 5 years your payments are going to skyrocket and you have no recourse! Just a word to the wise, “If you can deal with another Mortgage Company, save yourself a lot of anguish and do it!”!

• How long had your Mortgage been paid off? I paid mine off to GMAC in 2007 and I wonder if I am at risk. My insurance company said that OCWEN in 2014 told them that I had a current loan with OCWEN and am now wondering if that is a bad omen since OCWEN may have my auto payment account info. Did your bank pay the lost $1884.77?

• My loan was sold to Ocwen in 2009. After one yr of calling ocwen everyday, dealing with different excuses, I finally got our loan modification. We saved our home but without notice, they modified my home loan to 45 yrs! sad I will never see the day its paid off.

• Go to http://www.wittelslaw.com, there are class actions lawsuits against the various companies involved.

• don’t believe anything these a******s say over the phone. they have been harassing me at work for the past several days, demanding extra payment on top of my mortgage payments. i have a fixed loan and locked in a competitive rate two years ago, so there is no way i should have to pay anymore to these criminals. i have already contacted a lawyer about dealing with them.

• Re you Really the Real Peter Frampton ,

• That is the correct phone number, but the call center is in India. You will not get a person that speaks very good English. Trust me, I’ve been dealing with them for months trying to get rid of my PMI insurance. What a scam!! If there are any current class action law suits, I would love to added to the list!

• the PHONE NUMBER USA IS 800-746-2936

• the PHONE NUMBER USA IS 800-746-2936
    THEY ARE THE EXPERTS AT CONFUSING THE HOME OWNERS EXPERTS AT USING F.U.D. FEAR UNCERTAINTY AND DECEIT (FUD)

• I HAVE 800-746-2936
    BE CAREFUL THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SO CALLED HELPING HOME OWNERS- RIGHT-
    THEY ARE THE EPERTS AT F.U.D. FEAR UNCERTAINTY AND DECEIT FUD

• Did you ever get a US phone number?

• I am currently in bankruptcy, I received a letter stating GMAC had changed over to OWCEN. The address is still the same, P.O. Box 780, Waterloo IA. But, after sending my cashier’s checks I send in, they have NOT been cashed in? I am terrified of what they are doing. But I did send them in certified thru the mail. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

• Need a phone number to call Ocwen in the USA, if anybody has one please e-mail it to texswolf1947@yahoo.com

Is Ocwen Financial a Scam?

Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

For Company Representatives or Owners