Ocwen Financial Review: Ocwen Is A Scam Company
Our mortgage had been obtained thru GMAC & we have been paying the monthly payments without incident for 5yrs. Last year we remortgaged with GMAc for a lower rate & hasve continued our ontime payments without incident. Two months ago we received news that GMAC was going to give our mortgage to Ocwen. Last month we made our first payment to Ocwen, the same payment amount we have been making to GMAC since remortgaging a year ago. Now we receive a notice from Ocwen that states our mortgage payments are now over $200 a month more.
We called, trying to find out why the change in payments, as our insurance & taxes have not gone up at all. Their representative could not give us any satisfactory answers, first claiming that our insurance or taxes must have gone up, then stating that this was the payment we had been making prior to them taking over the mortgage. We then checked their website & found that they have the wrong dates for our mortgage & the wrong payment information. Their website also has our motgage listed as closed.
We called back again & asked why all this misinformation on their part. The representative insisted that their information was correct & that we must be mistaken as to when we first got & redid our mortgage, along with how much we have been paying. We demanded to speak with a supervisor, which the representative refused to do until we threatened to contact a lawyer, our state & federal authorities to instigate them for fraud. The supervisor we eventually spoke with, after 15 minutes of demanding, kept telling us to check their website & denied that it showed our account as closed. She also denied that they were a collection agency, as their prerecorded phone message stated. When pressed repeatedly for the location of their offices, the supervisor hemmed & hawed for quite a while before finally stating that the head office was located in the Idaho & the call center in the Phillipines.
Not receiving any satisfactory assistance from these people, we then went online to research them. After seeing how many complaints & lawsuits have been started against them, one a class action suit settled out of Court in Connecticut in 2002, we decided to contact somone else to do our mortgage & stop this scam to collect more money from us unjustly. We were able to quickly find a reputable lender with even better rates & a lower monthly payments. By doing this we will only have one more payment to make to them.
We’d advise anyone else dealing with these scam, ripoff artists to do the same as quickly as possible.
Share This Complaint on Facebook to Help Warn Others To submit a new Ocwen Financial Complaint Click Here
- It all started when Ocwen Loan company obtained my mortgage
- This is not a mortgage company Ocwen is a collection agency
- How do I finish my home if I only received $10,000?
- Avoid Ocwen like the plague
- Watch Out For Ocwen’s Sleazy Unauthorized Charges
- Loan Servicing From Ocwen
- Ocwen is cut throat and the absolute worst in the industry
- No representatives or anyone authorized within the United States to resolve concerns
- Ocwen Mortgage Liars Cheats Frauds
- This company is fraudulent and steals from their mortgage holders
- Servicing Company for the Deutsche Bank has stole our home!
- Ocwen Is A Scam Company
- Criminals, Astounding bad business behavior
- Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC illegal procedures?
- Sold my house without notifying me
- Ocwen Loan Servicing is going to force us out of our home
- Ocwen Neverending Nightmare, Bottomless Pit
- Ocwen stealing from customers
- OCWEN needs to be shut down! They are CRIMINALS!
- I paid off my loan and they are still trying to charge me!
- Ocwen Customer Service
- Ocwen is Very Misleading
- Frustration with Ocwen
- 1/2 my income is gone but not considered a “hardship” to modify?
- Ocwen is a Serious Rip Off!