Doesn’t last long - NutriBullet

I liked the way the nutribullet makes the smoothies however, after a few months, the base started leaking a brown oil and the extractor blade stopped working.

I emailed the nutribullet customer service dept and after 3 weeks, still no response. I called them and after being on hold too long, they say they will call back. I did not get a return call.

It’s a shame. I love the smoothie results but the product doesn’t last and their customer service is terrible.

For NutriBullet Representatives or Owners

Comments About NutriBullet Review: Doesn’t last long

11 Comments on "Doesn’t last long"

Bought our Nutri Bullet in January 2014. Today is Sept 17, 2014 and the blade shaft has finally started to leak. The shaft has beed loose for weeks now and I wondered when it would start to leak. Well the date in question is today. Two blade units came in the box and I do have another one to use but I guess it will only last a certain time. I make a drink in the morning about 5 days a week. This is a cheaply made product. I have a kitchen blender that I’ve owned for (what something like… Read more »
Wow, I wished I had read the reviews before I bought mine about a month ago. I usually do read the reviews but of course the one time I didn’t I have big regrets. What a shame that it can’t be constructed better, I love the smoothies and have actually felt better since I started drinking them once or twice a day. I agree with Zack, a lawsuit should be filed against this company. I haven’t had any problems yet, but I will start checking mine a lot closer now. You would think with all the complaints they would try… Read more »

My Nutribullet also started leaking brown liquid. I thought it was the flax oil all the time, and put it into my food, oy! I wonder what kind of damage it has been doing to me all year? It not only leaks through, but it makes such a loud noise, I can’t stand it.

The problem is that vibrations in use cause the three screws holding the base plate of the extractor blade unit to work loose. That then causes a leak from the gaskets sealing the bearing underneath, grease leaks out of the bearing (which is the brown stuff you see), and then eventually the bearing dries out and seizes. I dod some experimenting, which revealed that this is pretty easy to fix. For prevention, tighten those three screws at least weekly, and keep checking them. For cure (i.e. if the brown goo has already started to appear), do the following. 1. Remove… Read more »

Why has no one started a class action lawsuit against nutribullet? I’d join one. My wife just figured out she’s been drinking machine oil mixed in with her smoothies. Sounds like lots of other people are too.

I can’t get through to these pinheads on the phone. Trying like hell to get an answer and not getting anywhere. A hundred years ago people like this were run out of town by people with pitchforks. These days folks sue.

Step 5 mentions packing the bearing. Are you really packing the bearing or just lubricating the shaft. If this is the case, you are just using the bearing as a bushing with the bearing spinning on the shaft. I examined a new assembly and noticed that the bearing does spin on the shaft. On an older assembly I noticed that the shaft is heavily scored! I believe that you are just lubricating the bearing spin on shaft. Imagine how long the transmission in your car would last with shaft to bearing spin!

Chris

I too am having problems. My NutriBullet is getting louder and louder.I used to use it ever day but now only once a week or so, cause I can,t stand the noise

I have used mine for a month and if the blade lid was not tight enough it did leak a bit and I wiped it out.. but if it leaks a lot it will surely rust .. so is it best to have a tighter lid ? or better screw on action ? Make sure it is tight enough .. you have to push hard to tighten it .. I cancelled my insurance so hope it lasts . The customer service was friendly and returned the money to my account. I love the drinks .. and sleep longer lately …… Read more »
Nutri Bullet is dangerous. I loved it for 6 months then noticed it was getting louder and then that rust was leaking from the bottom. I thought it was ok as long as it didn’t get into my juice. Then I researched a bit online and found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF5VkfvztgY. It shows that the rust gets sucked up into your juice. I tried just putting water in my nutribullet and after running it, the water became brown. A lawsuit should be filed against this company. They are stealing sick people’s money and making them more sick. Shameful how far people… Read more »
I, too, love my NutriBullet for the product it produces…a great smoothie! However, we had the same issue. After a few months, it started leaking brown sludge plus it got louder and louder. My husband dealt with customer service. We eventually received a replacement blade. The new blade has not leaked, but the decibal level is now ear-splitting! We have to wrap a towel around the NutriBullet so we don’t go deaf! Yes, the customer service is not good, but the basic product is. I’m not sure what the answer is…better engineering dept?
Was thinking of purchasing a NutriBullit, thinking it might do the job of my Jack Lalanne juicer (which takes a few minutes to rinse after use), plus being under the impression that they are the same manufacturer of Magic Bullet, which I have owned for several years, and which is not noisy, does not leak, and does a fair job of mixing, crumbling, etc. After reading numerous complaints about NutriBullit, I definitely will not buy it, and continue to use my sturdy well-made Jack Lalanne juicer for my juicing of carrots, apples for benign tumor which am trying to reduce!