Blade leaking rust into Smoothies - NutriBullet

I wanted to post this online incase someone is considering buying the “Nutri Bullet” from the makers of the magic bullet. The product was great for about 5 months of light use (about once a week) to make smoothies. Recently I found some reddish brown liquid at the bottom and I found it was actually coming from the extractor blade!! So, who knows for how long it’s been leaking rust into my drinks.

Today the drink tasted really funny and so I emptied the cup and filled with clear water to test the Nutribullet. 30 second spin made the water light brown!

Terrible quality! Your safety is at stake here, be careful. I have a blender that opens up completely to clean it. I’ll use that from now on.

Re the picture: I took the picture from the bottom of the extractor blade to show you what the rust looks like.

Good luck.

For NutriBullet Representatives or Owners

Comments About NutriBullet Review: Blade leaking rust into Smoothies

• mary ann

Same here, we always take the rubber ring out (near the round base with blade), wash gently and turn it on both sides, rotating it so it dries correctly. I even used a toothbrush, soaked it hot warm sudsy water overnight, hoping it would do the trick. Nope, the brownish red rust keeps coming out, no matter how many times I rinse it. It has been like this for the last 2.5 years. I always though it only came out when rinsing but now I’m concerned that this rust is in my smoothies!!! DANGEROUS, health hazard!! I’m going to contact the company asap.

• Caty

Yep, this could potentially cause intestinal infections or better yet cancer. I just got off the phone with them abut my nutri-bullet. They are shady…. wanting to charge for shipping and handling when the dang thang has a full warranty. Taking mines back to the store and letting the store know what’s going on.

• Laurie Kay

I am having the exact same problem–I was thinking about writing to the company