magicJack Review: Magic Jack is a scam

1. There are numerous hidden charges like shipping, regulatory and compliance expenses, annual renewal fees on phone number , etc.

2. The sound is poor quality = muffled

3. Customer service is atrocious.

4. I paid for 5 years. After one year they asked for annual renewal of telephone number and then told me

the “higher department” had me “under review”???

View All magicJack Complaints Or File a New Complaint

Comments About magicJack Review: Magic Jack is a scam

• Magic Jack is Magic Junk. We purchased it, hated it immediately when it messed up our internet service, and returned it. We did get our money back from Walmart. The nightmare begins when you deal with MJ customer service. Asked them in over 6 sessions to cancel and delete our account and port our phone number back to our chosen phone provider. So much time wasted and NO results! Our phone service carrier attempted twice to get our original phone number back with NO results because of some error with MJ. Finally, after a month of no incoming calls on our phone line whatsoever, because Magic Jack refused to return our number back to us, we are in the process of acquiring a new phone number from our phone company. Now the exasperation of crossing out my 25 year old phone number that Magic Junk hijacked on all my business cards, having to contact all my customers, all my family & all my friends with a new phone number. For anyone interested, Magic Jack is Magic Junk! Don’t do it!!

• Why can’t a class action suit be initiated? There certainly enough complaints about them.

• I have never had good service with magicjack, I always had dropped calls or could not call out I have till 2017, and they said they can’t refund me. they are such a ripoff!!!!! Now I paid and can not use the services they replaced the unit once, and still no good, but told me that they can only replace it once a year under warranty and I would have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• magicjack has added regulatory fees and automatic renewal fees on my renewal sub. I called in to cancel my account and to have my refund and was connected to a broken link how do I get my money back

Is magicJack a Scam?

Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports