HomeAdvisor Review: Homeadvisor is a scam
This complaint is against A company homeadvisor,inc. The only number I have is on My bank Statement. It is 877-947-3639.
I am a painting contractor doing business as Minkler Enterprises. I received a call from this company. They told me they would send me leads for a predetermined price for me to call. I was told the sooner I called the better response I would get. I did as directed and got no answers but (1). I called on 2-7-2013 to cancel this service. I left a message with the person (Leland) who had called me originally called being as this was the only number I was given. I got no response as far as a call back or anything else.
In the meantime the leads kept coming and I kept getting charged. I called other times when I would get an unrequested lead as I was getting charged for these. Finally I figured A way to get to someone other than Leland and hopefully got the service cancelled. At that time I told The person i was talking to I would be disputing these charges with my bank.
This was 3-5-2013.
I went directly to my bank to dispute these charges.The person I was dealing with got me on the phone with the complaint department. This person said she would call the number on My bank statement and see if we could resolve it there. She did this as a 3 way call.The person she talked to said he could not give information with out my authorization. At that time I made him aware I was on the line too. At that time you could hear him yelling hello, hello and then he disconnected (hung up). The bank said they would credit my account until this was resolved saying it could take up to 90 days.
I would not recommend this company.
Share This Complaint on Facebook to Help Warn Others To submit a new HomeAdvisor Complaint Click Here
- No plain language disclaimers, No way to Cancel
- Home Advisor was dishonest regarding their services
- I don’t support scumbags either so I will call the Attorney General
- Advertising as “AAA MasterCLEAN” and not telling me
- HomeAdvisor Pro is a scam if you are a contractor
- HomeAdvisor Lied To Me, Lied To You
- Can’t get a ballpark quote from anyone
- home advisor a fraud
- Amazing: NEVER Used the service: JOB Provider
- Bad Leads, Lip Service from Customer Care Department
- Home Advisor’s Scam, Fraud, Liars, Beware
- Dont use homeadvisor its a ripoff!
- HomeAdvisor Is A Ripoff for Contractors
- Homeadvisor is a scam
- Bogus Leads given from HomeAdvisor
- Home advisor pro / Service magic is scams contractors
- License fraud by HomeAdvisor
- Home Advisor constructs websites to intercept your customers
- Paying for nothing with HomeAdvisor
- Bogus Leads and Bogus Reviews on Home Advisor
- Home advisors should disclaim to customer they charge us for the lead
- Bad reviews of Home Advisor are well justifiable
- Home Advisor is Creating Ads for Companies with a Phone Number to them
- Lead rip off, all a scam from HomeAdvisor
- NO wonder Service Magic changed there name!
- Home Advisor is a TOTAL RIPOFF
- Scammers At Home Advisor
- Stay Away From HomeAdvisor
- HomeAdvisor, Service Magic Scam
- Two WAY Street