HomeAdvisor Review: Homeadvisor is a scam

This complaint is against A company homeadvisor,inc. The only number I have is on My bank Statement. It is 877-947-3639.

I am a painting contractor doing business as Minkler Enterprises. I received a call from this company. They told me they would send me leads for a predetermined price for me to call. I was told the sooner I called the better response I would get. I did as directed and got no answers but (1). I called on 2-7-2013 to cancel this service. I left a message with the person (Leland) who had called me originally called being as this was the only number I was given. I got no response as far as a call back or anything else.

In the meantime the leads kept coming and I kept getting charged. I called other times when I would get an unrequested lead as I was getting charged for these. Finally I figured A way to get to someone other than Leland and hopefully got the service cancelled. At that time I told The person i was talking to I would be disputing these charges with my bank.

This was 3-5-2013.

I went directly to my bank to dispute these charges.The person I was dealing with got me on the phone with the complaint department. This person said she would call the number on My bank statement and see if we could resolve it there. She did this as a 3 way call.The person she talked to said he could not give information with out my authorization. At that time I made him aware I was on the line too. At that time you could hear him yelling hello, hello and then he disconnected (hung up). The bank said they would credit my account until this was resolved saying it could take up to 90 days.

I would not recommend this company.

View HomeAdvisor Full Details View or Post Comments View More HomeAdvisor Complaints File a new HomeAdvisor Complaint

Consumer and Customer Comment Area

7 thoughts on “Homeadvisor is a scam

1. I have used Home Advisor for up to three years. I DO have trouble with the amount of leads where the homeowners never answer and I will go so far as to go to the address and leave a card and letter of introduction. I also have issues with the number of homeowners who are Just window shopping as I do all estimates for free. But in the long run ,I sell on average six to seven jobs a year, small additions, basements and kitchen remodels. Just one job pays for a years worth of leads as I limit my leads to four a month. I might be changing my policy to a $25 fee for estimates to help defray the cost of the time spent and to weed out the browsers. Home Advisor cannot be held responsible for homeowners who are looking for over the phone estimates only or don't realize what they are signing up for. I have had homeowners put down additions as the wrok requested only to find out they want a mailbox rehung. Not Home advisors fault

2. wow really. ok well im using homeadvisr for electrical services. yes some of the leads you get you don't get a response. and some of the leads have already found a contractor. but if you call right away your more likely to get them. I get about 25% of jobs from the leads that are ssent to me. yes some of the leads ive got to pay for that don't answer. but they are all potential jobs you have to make an effort for it to work in your favor. if you have bad customer service no one will work with you and you need to follow up on estimates you give out. ive been with homeadvisor for 3 months now and ive been getting ton of extra work from them. ive even had to pause the leads for a couple of weeks so I could keep up with the work. a lot of people post bad things about homeadvisor I just think they have poor customer service skills. or their prices are too high. that is all don't suck so bad and maybe you can get work : )

3. I am a consumer…. and just want to add.. maybe some calls aren't bogus… always leave a message. I got 3 calls instantly, I was talking to one, one left a message, one didn't. I returned the message call, and have 2 estimates scheduled.

4. well;seems you didnt get'-it'….THE WHOLE IDEA OF THIS TOOL FOR ADVERTISING -IS TO SHUT OFF YOUR LEADS , ;WHEN YOU NEED TO >YOU CONTROL THIS;ALSO ITS IN YOUR PROFILE UNDER MANAGE LEADS , AND ACCOUNT'.

5. These people have pestered us to sign on with them for at least 4 years now, We keep refusing and they keep calling…most recently at 6:45 THIS MORNING! I don't blame anyone for trying to make a living, but these people are not to be trusted!

6. Do NOT purchase a Flexable Hose!! This company is a complete JOKE – should not be allowed to do business. The hoses leak and break like a balloon so beware!! If you call customer service, get ready to be put on hold for hours and if you are lucky enough to talk to a real person – be prepared because you won't be able to understand them!! I've been fighting for my credit for 3 months now and I'm determined to get it!! I've made over 20 phone calls and was promised yesterday that I would receive my credit in 3 days. I'm not anticipating this will happen because obviously this company is a complete rip off!!! Don't be fooled like I was.

7. Hello every one I am a Contractor and signed up to this site morning of 4/12/13 and they call me at 7:30 am that's early. Also the suport guy said that he wanted my info of my bank account and SSN that is not right.
    I thought it was going to be ok but then later in the day they sent me a lead on a customer and when I called they did not answer: the first time they did not answer then the second time they answered and some how did not hear me then the third time did not answer. I also emailed them and did not get in contact with them so I was charged with $15.50 so a lead that did not go no where and was probably fake or old, I got charged so I will not work with these guys anymore. Its 2:00 am and I found out that this website (Home Adviser) is ripping people off with lots of money and have bad contractors that are not licensed.
    So the point is that these guys are fake and do not give them your information of any sort.
    To not get charged before the week is over cancel your bank account that you gave them and then you will not get charged with any sort of fees or anything. Please tell your contracting friends that this place is not good.

Is HomeAdvisor a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

More HomeAdvisor Complaints