Gold’s Gym Review: A rip off

Branch / Location of Complaint: Golds Gym
Address: West Covina Mall West Covina, California

My name is Teresa Irannejad my phone number is 626 622 47 35 my e-mail is tirannejad@yahoo.com and I was a member at Golds Gym from 7/12/to 7/13. On 7/27/2013 I cancelled my membership with Golds Gym. I have not used the facility or the spa since July 13. I used my membership card in 2 different occasions one in 8/13/ and the other was in 9/13 because I was told that I had to go in person to discuss the cancellation of my membership and I needed to use the card to go into the gym to speak with the supervisor Jose.

I spoke to Jose and Carolina and I asked asked them to cancel my membership. Carolina apparently cancelled my membership in the computer and told me that it was cancelled.

On 8/5/13 I checked my checking account and I noticed Golds Gym continued deducting $44.00 dollars from my checking account. I went to Gold’s Gym and again I spoke to Jose and Carolina to clarify the reason Golds Gym was still deducting $44.00 dollars from my checking account. I was told that I was already cancelled and that they will review the cancellation and will return the $44.00 by mail.

Again on 9/14/13 I checked my checking account again Golds Gym deducted $44.00 dollars from my checking account. Again I went to the gym and spoke to Jose and he indicated he will personally check into the problem and will call me back. I called my bank and I was advised to cancel my credit card. I cancelled my credit card and called Jose to let him know I had cancelled my credit card and I considered my membership with Golds Gym cancelled he said Ok and hanged up.

Today 10/8/13 I received a call from ABC members service division 18664200769 and spoke to Tamie. She indicates that Golds Gym is requesting a payment for $44.00. I explained her that I had cancelled my membership 0n 7/27/13. she advised me to call Golds Gym and speak to a supervisor. I called Golds Gym today 10/8/13 -626 480 7717 and attempted to speak with a supervisor. Jennie from Golds Gym 480 7717 answered the phone and I explained her that I had cancelled the membership on 7/27/13 and that I received a called from ABC members services division asking for $44.00 dollars. Jannie indicated that I have to go in person. I replied that I do not have the time to go. I further stated that I had gone 2 times before and that I was told that Jose will look into the problem and will call me back. I stated he never called me back and I cancelled my credit card. I also told her that I had called Jose to let him know that I considered the membership cancelled and tha the he had said ok and hanged up. I repeated again I had cancelled the membership on 7/27/13 and that I do not have any balance with Golds gym. Jennie asked me to hold the line and she had me waiting on the line for almost 45 minutes.

She came back and stated that the supervisor Samanta was really busy and she didn’t have time to come to the phone and asked me to go to the gym to talk to Samanta. I said please let me talk to Samanta and Jennie said hold the line. I was waiting for another 33 minutes and someone came to the phone stating Samanta was busy and didn’t have time to come to the phone and hanged up on me.

I called again 626 480-77717 and I was placed on hold and the call got disconnected. I called again and I was again placed on hold and agian I got disconnected. This went on for almost 1 hr.

All together I spend about 2 yrs 1/2 trying to reach a solution with golds Gym. This is so frustrating and it is clearly that they are not going to cancel my membership and are only trying to make it difficult for me. I am only getting the round and around in circles and I need your assistance to cancel my membership and to get my $88.00 dollars back.

thank you. Thank you in advance for your time/

View Gold’s Gym Full Details View or Post Comments View More Gold’s Gym Complaints File a new Gold’s Gym Complaint

Consumer and Customer Comment Area

Is Gold’s Gym a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

More Gold’s Gym Complaints