Cancellation fee from Directv - DIRECTV

My mother died Sep 2013. My father died in Jan 2013. They had DirecTV. I asked the company what to do for closing the account. They said they needed a death certificate for who’s name was on the account. I sent them the death certificate.

They then sent a bill for an early cancellation fee of $280 to the lawyer taking care of the probate. Pretty dirty if you ask me.

The lawyer did say they had to file a claim with the estate if they want the money. If they do it will be contested by me most viciously.

For DIRECTV Representatives or Owners