Time Warner Cable Review: TWC asked me to produce a receipt for returned equipment from 5 years agoCincinnati, Ohio
I called TWC to start services after being with Direct Tv for the past 5 years. They said I had an old account that was included in bankruptcy, so I would have to pay a deposit. I did, the csr asked me about the equipment I had and I told him the office I had gone to to turn it in. He said they were having trouble finding it but that he would put a tracer on it, no problem.
So I paid the deposit, then had to pay the installation fee and the bundle price plus a month in advance. So I paid $150 upfront then had to pay $239 at the time of installation. I did. My cable, internet, and phone were on and everything was fine.
Then my son calls me 2 weeks later and tells me that the internet isn’t working and neither is my cable. Same day I get a phone call from their Risk mgmnt dept asking me to call. I did. The person Mike says I never turned in the equipment. I stated of course I did, told him that I had spoken with the Manager there and what store I took it to. He said well unless you produce a receipt, you didn’t turn it in, do you have a receipt? I said, I don’t have it any longer it was 5 years ago. So he proceeded to tell me that if I didn’t have it or the equipment my services would remain off and that he would have to refund the monies I have paid since I didn’t have any service. So I said this is ridiculous… and that I would call direct tv.
I have tried calling him 3 times to see where my refund is, and he will not return my calls. I emailed customer service, and did a live chat and after explaining everything they came to the conclusion that my checks were in the risk dept and that I needed to contact Mike and gave me his number and extension. I said really? I have been trying to get resolve with him for over a week. They just said I can’t help you. So not only am I out almost $400 I had to come up with money to turn everything on with another company.
- Fraudulently & Continually Stole Money Out of my bank account
- Rip Off
- CBS Has Betrayed My 40 Year Product/Brand Loyalty with Time-Warner Cable
- Time Warner committing Fraud
- TWC fraud Overbilling For Internet Services
- Liar’s by Name of Time Warner Cable
- Time Warner Gift Card Rip-Off
- Time Warner Does Not Care About Keeping Long Time Customers
- Misrepresentation of product and service
- No phone service for the entire day
- Illegally Charging For Internet Services
- Time Warner Rip-off
- Bait and Switch by Time Warner Cable
- Time Warner has screwed me for the last time
- TWC Target $150 Gift Card Scam
- TWC asked me to produce a receipt for returned equipment from 5 years ago
- Harrasment from Time Warner Cable
- Time Warner cable ripoff
- Dis-trusting Business
- twc unfair practices and privacy issues
- having to pay someone else bill because they live there before me.