NuWave Oven PIC Review: Incomplete order, No Customer Service, No satisfaction!

After finding the NuWave PIC postings on Complaintlist.com, and seeing a company response to the complaints (see: Jeremy in the posts), I sent the following email to the company address that Jeremy provided. Now, nearly a week later, having had no “order deliveries” or email response, I thought I should make my complaint a part of the public outcry, in hope of resolution.

Jeremy (or whoever will respond from NuWave/Hearthware)

Like so many others who are venting their complaints online, I, too, have yet to receive my full order. As advertised, I received the PIC package (2 ea.) within days of the order. However, the invoice date was 07/23/12 and now (6 weeks later), I’m still waiting on the rest of the offer (pans, etc.).

It was noticeable on the invoice (July 23 ) that, along with the first installment payment for the PIC, shipping & handling for the complete package ($69.90) had already been charged to my credit card. So, I guess someone is making interest off of the S&H money while actual handling & shipping is yet to be accomplished. Now, 6 weeks later, another installment payment for the PIC is about to be taken, if not already, and I have yet to get my full order. Shortly, full payment will have been made and the 90 day money back satisfaction will have expired and, based on your company’s exhibited performance, I likely will still not have received my full order.

Like other complainers, I have called and emailed customer service several times, but have never had a reply. Jeremy’s replies (found on www.complaintlist.com) present the only comments I’ve seen from the company. Left without any explanations from a dead end customer service source, Jeremy’s mentioning of “backorder” problems is the first I’ve heard that there was such a problem. — Customer Service appears to be a joke that your company has pulled on unsuspecting buyers.

Question: Does the time required by backorder extend the 90 day money back offer?

I noticed that one customer included in his complaint: “I recorded the infomercial. My credit card company along with the states attorney general and the BBB is getting a copy in order to see how these snakes operate.” Unless I hear something quickly, I will be forced to take similar action.

Sherilyn Crain (invoice says CAROLINE CRANE)
1100 S. Front St
Noble, OK 73068
(405) 872-7906
email address: MLJeditor@sbcglobal.net

Order # 64223A (Invoice Date: 07/23/12)
Customer No. 72469
Reference # 11532100

Is a Scam?

Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

For NuWave Oven PIC Representatives or Owners

Respond To This Complaint

Comments About NuWave Oven PIC Review: Incomplete order, No Customer Service, No satisfaction!

• I have posted previously on Sept 19, 2012. My husband had contacted the credit card company and he ended up having to pay all the charges. The only thing they said was well you received the order if you don’t like it send it back. You are responsible for all the shipping and handling charges. Please folks read everything you can and between the lines and get a magnifying glass and read the small print. That is was tells the true story. That is stuff they don’t want you to read and the stuff that they can tell the lawyers. We told you it is on the website. I was going to write a complaint against the company. It appears the BBB wants you to pay to file a complaint. Sounds like a rip off to. The only thing we can do is to warn other people online and keep the flames a burning. Be smart and don’t business with this company. Find another induction cooktop and remember most pots will not work with the induction cooktop.

• Well boys and girls. I have finally cracked the code. It has taken be two weeks with no help from the tech support. I have read around over 100 complaints. And have comments on several bulletin boards. As I said in previous complaints my husband ordered this stuff. Today I ask him did you order online or on the internet. He told me I don’t remember.

If you order through the phone line from those auto robots no telling what you will get from any of the companies.

As I said in previous emails I have gone online and tried to order again to see just what was charged used a disposible credit card as you are not going to get to all the fees unless you enter one. If you want to try doing this don’t use your credit card number as people have been complaining that the orders were completed even though they didnot confirm or submit the order.

Here is the breakdown on our basic order. Two cooktops (only) shipping for first $29.95, second $39.95. Cost for one Cooktop $99. That would be a total of $169.80 just the cooktops. One complete package $54.95 (pots, pans all that other useless junk) just for one. If you ordered a second $69.90. Actually in my case only one was ordered and they charged the $54.95. It should have been reversed according to there website.

Yesterday I went on the website and noted that they were charging for $129 for the cooktop. That is 99.99 for one cooktop plus $29 for shipping. Also if you want to use extend payments. Guess what you get to pay $66 more for the unit.

I found a couple of more descrepancies along the way. Always to their advantage. The invoice which came with the package didnot break anything down. There was a total for shipping an a merchandise total.

So you don’t know what shipping and handling was charged for what? I have read people saying that they were charged for shipping and handling for each individual pot. That was not the case. Tech support really sucks you are not going to get any help from them and they don’t ever return you calls. Probably afraid of the irate customers.

The company is doing the same as every other company out there. Trying to peddle as much stuff as they can. By the time you get through all the screens you don’t know what the heck you ordered same with the robo machines. I have just gave up on the order a lot of times.

If someone is with the company please pass this along. Just tell the customer the price of the items instead of hocking all that free stuff. Here’s an idea the price of stuff plus free shipping and handling. We all know that the stuff isn’t free. If you claim it is then the whole shebang is worth less the $99 which is probably true. If all that you claim is true then you would be out of business and judging from the amount of complaints you might be yet. We all want to believe in fairy tales but the reality is not.

As I have said before you can purchase this unit for $89 at several major store but not any pan will work. Save yourself the headache. To bad my husband really liked this cooktop. I on the other hand don’t care if it takes 1 minute or five minutes to boil water. Hey I used to pot on my regular stove. Not impressed.

• nuwavepic is a real scam get the pic,s and nothing to cook with they tell you that you get it all and only get the nuwaves ,then no customer service to speak of no calll back,s nothing

• I ordered my cooktop 9/1/12.Called the number on the screen.agent was very unprofessional & lacking/confusing answers asked.Was told I could order online.I did not feel confident giving my credit card number to this person.I ordered online.2for1 deal+s&h(total-$295.94).redid order form.$129.94as a one time payment.received order 9/11/12.(1) cooktop only-no second cooktop/no bonus cookware& NO customer support.Feel scammed.! FYI,"TIP"-if a magnet will not stick to the bottom of your cookware,they will not work on the cooktop.