HALAL Meats Being sold at Costco - Costco

I have been a faithful customer of Costco’s since you first came to Houston years ago.

It is on the Internet today, widely circulated, that you are now selling HALAL meats at Costco.

This is VERY disturbing to me, especially after doing a research on HALAL practices. If this is true, I am sure you will lose a lot of meat customers at Costco, especially true for me, as I would never trust that it would be shown on the label. Our foods are being slowly downgraded by the countries we buy from, where they have no restrictions on the safety of the foods, such as Mexico, etc., and now we have to worry about Costco integrating HALAL meats into what we normally would buy.

I will not buy any meat from Costco’s until this is cleared up. I trust that there are more of us NON MUSLIMs in this country (thank ****) who would worry about the safety of your meat.

Joyce M Cascio
Houston, Texas
email: jcascio2005@yahoo.com

For Costco Representatives or Owners

Comments About Costco Review: HALAL Meats Being sold at Costco

6 Comments on "HALAL Meats Being sold at Costco"

Wow, I am happy Costco sell halal meat. Halal meat is clean, safe, and taste so much better because Muslim way of slaughtering allow for all the blood to be drained. It is the blood that carries all the viruses and diseases . remember blood test, a drop of blood can reveal all the deceases one carries. So tomorrow I am going to get the Costco membership.

Making an animal suffer while alive and bleeding out from a severed neck, releasing hormones due to distress and polluting the meat with these extra hormones. I will avoid halal meat and ensure I get my meat processed in a humane processing plant

By educated you mean to start to think like you? The more "educated" people in North America become then they will agree with Joyce and not non-muslim.

Halal meat doesnt mean it was sacrificed in the name of a god, it just means that it was processed to Islamic standards. Very similar to Jewish people and their Kosher food. And I agree, Joyce is an idiot.

We stopped being a member over the halal meat

Joyce is an idiot. Needs to get educated,